Here is a day when I have nothing to say but want to say something. I talked to my mom today and really couldn't think of a single interesting thing to say. I've just been cooped up in the house for so long I'm desperate for intereaction with someone that is older than 1 year of age. Help! I need to not be followed to the bathroom and have to announce "Mama has to go potty." I need to not read and re-read the line "Roses are red and Elmo is too. There are so many red things and so much to do." I need to not hunt down a binky every 10 minutes.
I called my friend Julie today and asked if I could stop by to chat for a minute and bring her a loaf of bread. I didn't have anything interesting to say to her either. But I needed a girlfriend to make me feel human again. She did. She's very real and funny and engaging. And there is always a new development to tell me with her friend who is having a terrible torrid secret affair. (The latest is that she's dumped him). It's quite disturbing.
All in all. I just need a break every now and then. Being sick has kept me at home for so long. I need to breathe! I think I'm going to get my hair highlighted on Thursday. It looks quite skanky and is overdue. Maybe that will be the pick-me-up I need. I told Michael tonight I'm just not feeling Valentine's Day this year. Maybe on Thursday I will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment