Monday, August 4, 2008

Anne of Green Gables

So after several months of reading books on gardening, farming and self sustainment I'm reading the book Anne of Green Gables for the first time. The movie is my favorite movie for sure. I like to watch it while I iron in the bedroom in the evening (when the ironing pile gets too big to ignore). A few weeks ago I got a biography on L.M. Montgomery at the library. It was so dry I only got through about half of it before it was due back at the library. I have read other L.M. Montgomery books many years ago, but somehow I never read the Anne books.

I have enjoyed reading this book so much. I think what I love the most about the book is her way with words. When someone can use words cleverly I'm all theirs - even if it's just a physician on tv, something explaining with a good vocabulary or telling an interesting tale. Anne is quite a dreamer and comes up with the funniest ideas and tells them so passionately.

No comments: