So it's officially almost my 30th birthday. Next Friday, the 15th, to be exact. Btw, is there a way to lose 20 pounds in a that many days? If there is you just let me know! I don't know why, but this particular birthday has me in a sort of tailspin. As long as it's not a downward spiral I'll be okay. It is not as if something magically changes when you turn one day older. 30 just sounds so...uncool. Not that I was Miss Cool in my 20's, mind you, but I did have potential.
Mike has planned a party for me here at the house on my birthday. I don't know but what that there will be elephants in the backyard offering rides to all. He's asked me what I want to have to eat and I gave him a few suggestions, but I end up being too practical. Nothing special for me, I say (but I'm secretly thrilled he's having a party for me because I honestly don't know that I've ever asked for something all about me in my whole adult life).
The party is pretty much a mystery in that I don't know the plans. Michael is in charge of it all and I'm a bit terrified that there will be something major missing - like silverware or ice. I asked to stay and help set up everything that day, but Mike has ordered me to go away for the day to shop and relax. I will only be allowed to return an hour before the party to get ready. It kills me. The controlling side of me NEEDS to be there to make sure all is well and in place.
I did suggest my dear husband ask my friend Julie to be the party consultant. She has assured me he has everything under control, and I DO trust her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment