Sunday, August 3, 2008

Certifiable Crick in the Neck

So I woke up a few days ago with a typical crick in my neck, annoying but something I get every few months. Then yesterday the muscle spasms began, so painful that I couldn't move for several seconds until it subsided. My head was at a peculiar angle and couldn't seem to straighten up on my neck. What a pain - literally. Mike called the chiropractor I saw four years ago and who I ended up serving with on the Fountain of Youth Daycare board of directors a few years ago. Dr. Jarnigan was thankfully in and could see me. He is the best guy, seems to be a really good chiropractor and has A+ customer service. He takes such good care of you that you want to go back just to feel pampered.

Although he couldn't do a major adjustment on the worst part of my neck the spasms stopped after the appointment. I've still felt out of whack, but am improving. I told Michael that perhaps since I am getting on in years I can no longer bounce back as easily. :o) Incidentally, Dr. Jarnigan told me my neck problem might have been caused by sleeping under a fan in the hot weather. Interesting.

The chiropractor also told me they had been searching for his first patient he ever had in that clinic. The day before I came in they figured out I had been his FIRST patient. He was surprised to see me on Saturday after hearing my name on Friday. I hadn't even seen him in 2+ years! Anyway, he gave me a certificate for a free 1 hour massage - something I've been saying I'll get for a long time.

No comments: